Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fake Retro Advertisement II


In reply of Kafkagarden's last post about the spectacular work of Alex Varanese, I too have once tried to recall the feelings of cheesy old ads. It was a school project in 2002 I guess. I bought an old radio and turned it into home-disc-Jockey set. You could take the lid of the top and in it was the microphone, headphones, some fake wires and fancy looking meaningless crap. It looked pretty cool.
Looking back at it now I find the picture very unclear, crappy photography ánd typography, and the cool home-DJ-set I made is almost invisible. But sometimes it's fun to see what we were doing years ago, and I sure had fun with it!

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, that's a pretty enthusiastic Dutchman right there! I see some pretty anachronistic CDRs in the background and the headline typography isn't totally idiomatic, but otherwise the ad was spot-on. :) I would've guessed early eighties.

    ReplyDelete